Forsta is a secure end-to-end encrypted messaging platform that provides organizations the ability to integrate rich communications functionality into their business applications and workflows. Forsta is quick to deploy and provides organizations the ultimate in flexibility. A majority of the Forsta platform is open source or available via a commercial license, enabling you to use components as-is, work with through API’s, or make significant modifications to meet your business needs.
Forsta’s product architecture is built around the principles of providing best in class security by using the leading encryption algorithms and storing and securing all private data at the edge. Messages between Forsta users are protected with end-to-end encryption so that third parties, including Forsta, cannot decrypt or read them.
Forsta uses the Signal Protocol created by Open Whisper Systems for end-to-end encryption. This protocol is considered the leading standard for encryption algorithms. It is designed to prevent third parties from having access to an individual’s messages, threads, attachments, location, images and videos. Additional information on the Signal Protocol is included in the appendix
Companies developing with the Forsta Platform benefit from a broad range of capabilities, each of which can be used in its native form or modified as needed. The key elements of the Forsta include:
- Web-based messaging client that enables robust desktop use as well as simple embedding in apps and websites;
- Randomly-generated UUIDs for stable user identities;
- Rich messaging payload that supports additional messaging types including “announcement” and “survey”, and the ability to reference other messages by a unique message IDs, etc.;
- Central Directory where organizations can specify handy and meaningful tags that map to individuals users and groups of users as identified by the above UUIDs;
- Tag Expressions for specifying individual and group thread participants;
- Message bots that can perform various messaging workflows, processing, and storage functions in a safe, decentralized manner;
- Message Vaults that enable organizations to retain messages in their own IT environment and to review message history for compliance and regulatory purposes, or to pipe Forsta messaging information into other systems.
- Compliance Monitor that provides the ability to monitor and respond to triggers that require attention for compliance or other regulatory reasons.
Please enter your name and email to download the whitepaper.